Wait just a dang minute. It’s 2017 already?! Well, that sure was quick. Time sure flies.
The first half of my 2016 was composed of (1) preparing myself for whatever is coming at me as an effect of my major risk taking and (2) having an amazing time honing my skills at SoFA Design Institute. The second half is of heartbreak and sleepless nights, but I did get to travel plenty. I can’t say that 2016 has been entirely good to me. However, there have been countless of lessons and a lot of self-growth. 2017 entered and I am still trying my hardest to pick up the pieces of my broken heart, but I already know that I am stronger than I give myself credit.
With that, I am sharing with you my 2017 Tools for a better me.
- Planner – I got mine from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf by collecting stamps every time I bought myself coffee. Completing the stamps would mean you get to pick a planner of your choice. They call it “The Giving Journal”. Proceeds from the Giving Journal go to the Real Life Foundation, an NGO here in the Philippines that serves the less fortunate and helps to empower their dreams through educational assistance, community service, and character development. I have been collecting these for three years already. With it, I can organize my life whilst being constantly reminded to remain humble, pay forward, and be thankful for my blessings. Things we should always keep in mind.
- Good books – This year we should consciously give “reading books” the time it deserves. It’s always great to feed your mind by using your imagination to train your brain. When I was younger, I used to read so much more than I do now. I think it’s high time I bring that habit back.
- Phone – Not to play games, but to connect to people. Ironically, despite being a blogger, I am actually more of an introverted person. I like quiet hangouts and the idea of meeting people irl scares me. Thank you, social anxiety! Let’s change that though. Let’s contact old friends and meet new ones. Let’s keep in touch with our loved ones.
- Passport – Before 2016 ended, I went on a trip. I visited Bintan Indonesia and stayed in Singapore for three weeks. It gave my soul the rest it badly needed. So, from now on, let’s get more stamps on those passports!
- Skinny Coffee – Look good and feel good. Time to get healthy! I might not look like it, but my lifestyle is so sedentary it’s embarrassing to go into the details of it. Not anymore though. I’m turning 26 this year and one of my main goals is to learn how to take care of myself better. Eat healthier and exercise on a regular basis. I’m planning to learn yoga.
- Skin care products – Ever since I learned how to do my own makeup, I just can’t stop practicing and playing with it. I find the art of it really fun and intriguing. Being the lazy girl that I am though, sometimes I “forget” to wash my face. lol. Having said that, I should know that I need to also take care of my skin better from now on.
- Art brushes – These represent my hobbies and passions. My tip: Relieve your stress by doing the things you love doing. Also, never forget to follow your heart and keep pursuing your passions. We only live once. Life is too short to waste it on things that don’t make you happy.
- New Shoes – Why new shoes? Hoping that my new shoes will take me places. 🙂