Going to the beach and having trouble deciding what swimsuit to wear? I can honestly say that I’ve had the same problem countless times. Shopping for a swimsuit that looks flattering on me can be quite difficult sometimes… As this is the case, I came up with a few swimsuit tips that would hopefully help you as much as it helps me.
- Swimsuits with underwire, wide straps, or a high neck line are best for women with fuller busts. These swimsuits give you the most support you need and help you avoid any mishaps, i.e. “popping out”, if you know what I mean.
- Swimsuit tops with bold patterns, bright colors, or deep necklines draw attention away from your lower half. These are most flattering for who want to have less attention drawn to their thighs or derrieres. Try pairing bold printed tops, with dark solid-colored bottoms.
- Swimsuits with ruffled bottoms, horizontal striped bottoms, and shirring give the illusion of a curvier figure. A maillot, monokini, or a one piece swimsuit with side cut outs (or a solid color on the sides with prints in the middle) also gives the illusion of curves.
- Dark or solid colored one piece swimsuits with ruching, especially in the middle, are great for when you are conscious about your tummy. Other great swimsuits for tummy conscious women are the peplum kind and the high waisted kind.
- High cut swimsuit bottoms that allow you to also show some cheek makes your bottom look fuller and your legs longer. #goals
- One piece swimsuits with plunging necklines make you look taller by creating an illusion of elongation.
- For ladies with small busts like me, if you ever want to create a distraction and draw attention away from your small chest, swimsuit tops with ruffles, the right amount of padding, frills, or bold prints will do the trick. 😉
BUT, the best tip I can give you is to just be confident. The list above is just a short run down of tips and tricks to help you decide if you’re stuck in the deciding process. Confidence is still the key to everything. If you feel great about what you are wearing, everyone will see that. Wear what you want to wear. Wear whatever makes you feel good. Remember girls, the best accessory a woman can wear is confidence.
Above: photo from the last time I went to a sandy beach. ugh, I miss the beach so much. Someone please take me there.